Finally! My first ever cupcake post!
I was about to post my Red Velvet Cupcake recipe the other week but my good for nothing sister deleted all the pictures from my cam. (GRRR!)
But then, the other day, I was in the mood to bake some cupcakes but my sister told me she’s had enough red velvets since its peak of production last Valentine’s day. She has a point there. Even I got all my hands and tongue red from making and eating red velvets.
So I searched for the top cupcake ideas on the web (Red Velvet Cupcake is #1 Most Searched Cupcake Recipe, hahaha). And I found this! THE OREO CUPCAKE.
I mean, who doesn’t like, nay, LOVE OREOS?
Me, when I was 10 probably. Fact. The first time I ate an Oreo was when I was in high school. Back then I settled for Rosquillos, Shamrock’s Otap, Cream-O, Nissin Eggnog. Haha.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup strong black coffee (DONT skip this! Believe me, it'll make a big diff)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 packs Oreo cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 oF or 180 oC. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners and place one oreo in each liner.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder. Mix until they're thoroughly combined.
3. In another bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Beat well. Then add the coffee! (Again, dont skip this!). Beat, again.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Slowly. Trust me. ;P If your using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes until the batter will be thin.
5. So as to get equal amounts of batter in each cupcake liner, use an ice cream scoop! Genius, isnt it?
6. Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting it. Unless you wanted a glaze and not a frosting, hehe.
Look how they perfectly rise :P
And now for the frosting, you need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 to 4 pcs Oreo cookies crushed
2. Slowly add the confectioner's sugar. Then add the crushed oreos. Beat well.
3. Now frost those sweet cupcakes!
Here's the final product. Look at those perfect oreos at the bottom!
You know how crappy Cebu sometimes is, especially for a baker like me. Well, you know there aren't so much baking supplies stores here that the only option i have in a cupcake liner is plain white or red or green. So last year, when i visited Manila, i found this amaaaaaazing store in Greenbelt 5 that just, ugh, i couldnt describe it. It took my breath away. I was like a kid shopping for toys when i saw it! All those Wilton cupcake liners. waaaah!
But then stupidity caught me. I left the cupcake liners i bought together with my Harry Potter dvd collection at my uncles. huhuhuhuhu. Good thing i had one in my other bag and survived my, well, alzheimer moment.
I tried it, but.. it was too big for my cupcake! :(( Well, i havent figured it out if i should put the batter directly to these paper cups (?)
Anyway, cupcakes' still awesome. *wink