Thursday 17 January 2013

M&M's Cookies



M&M's Cookies. I didn't use chocolate chips, that's why. I'm so hungry I just need to whip up something from ingredients available at home. So I made these and took the opportunity to blog it as my first entry. Hurrah!

Anyway, cookies. Probably the easiest I made so far. I always like cookies that are chewy and chocolatey but then I don't have the best ingredients in hand so I just improvised.

Now, how to make these babies:

You'll need :

  • unsalted butter, melted for greasing
  • 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup margarine/butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 55g/2 oz caster sugar/refined sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 125 g/ 4 1/2 oz of M&M's 
Instruction:
1. Preheat oven to 180oC for 15 mins. Line and lightly grease baking sheets. Set aside.


2. Beat the butter and sugar (both the brown and refined sugar) with mixer or wire whisk until smooth.


3. Stir in vanilla extract and egg. (You can also add 3 tbsp of liquid glucose to help improve texture of your cookies, making them extra chewy :P). Mix until well-blended.


 4. Stir in the sifted flour and baking powder. Add gradually and do not overmix. Stir until blended or until there are only a few traces of flour. Add the M&M's.


5. Drop cookie dough by tablespoons or a scoop making sure you have enough spaces apart since these cookies will grow as fast as Yao Ming.


6. Bake in a preheated oven about 10 - 12 minutes or until the sides are golden brown in color (the center of the cookies should remain soft)



And there you have it! Easy as pie. Although, i couldnt say that since I haven't tried making pies yet. Aha!

There you go teddy. 


Aaaaaand he's full. HAHA


No comments:

Post a Comment