Monday 21 January 2013

Red Velvet Pancake with Cream Cheese Glaze

For my whole life, I have been eating ready-made pancakes and I was satisfied with it. Now that I have been passionate with baking, I wanted to make my own pancakes from scratch, and my, it was just so easy! I never realized how something so good can be done as easy as doing it in ready-made mixes.

I decided to make a RED VELVET PANCAKE. Yep, it's red and it's yummy. I have been making a LOT of red velvet cupcakes and i decided, why not make it into pancake! So here it goes.


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups         All-Purpose Flour
  • 2 tsp            baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp         salt
  • 2 tbsp          cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp          sugar (optional)
  • 2                  eggs
  • 1 1/2 to 2     cups  milk
  • 2 tbsp           room temp butter plus for cooking 
  • 1 tsp             vanilla
  • 2 tsp             red food coloring   
Procedure

1. Mix together the dry ingredients. Make sure to sift them all.


2. Beat the eggs into 1 1/2 cups of milk. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Then stir in the 2 tbsp of butter.


3. Gently stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing only enough to moisten the flour; dont worry about the few lumps. If batter seems to be thick, add a little more milk.


 4. Add 2 tsp red food coloring. You can add a few tsp of red food coloring since it wont affect the taste of your batter. In this mixture, i added 4 tsp of red food coloring to get my desired color.


You can transfer your batter in a pitcher to pour it easily into the pan, like this!


5. Use a little butter or oil each time you add batter. Always pour at the center of the melted butter. Adjust heat. Usually the first batch will require higher heat than the subsequent batches. Flip it in about 2 to 4 minutes as long as you see the sides begin to form and bubbles appear in the center of pancake.


What is a pancake without some sugary sauce right? Instead of using the typical syrup and butter, I used CREAM CHEESE GLAZE just like in Red Velvet Cupcakes!

Ingredients:

  • 4 ounces            cream cheese, room temp
  • 1/2 cup              powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp                  vanilla extract
  • 3 to 4 tbsp         milk
Beat cream cheese until very creamy. Beat in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Combine. Add more milk to get desired consistency. Drizzle in the pancakes.


I have to cut the sides of the pancake 'coz i hate it. So here's the finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment