I decided to make a RED VELVET PANCAKE. Yep, it's red and it's yummy. I have been making a LOT of red velvet cupcakes and i decided, why not make it into pancake! So here it goes.
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp room temp butter plus for cooking
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp red food coloring
1. Mix together the dry ingredients. Make sure to sift them all.
2. Beat the eggs into 1 1/2 cups of milk. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Then stir in the 2 tbsp of butter.
4. Add 2 tsp red food coloring. You can add a few tsp of red food coloring since it wont affect the taste of your batter. In this mixture, i added 4 tsp of red food coloring to get my desired color.
You can transfer your batter in a pitcher to pour it easily into the pan, like this!
5. Use a little butter or oil each time you add batter. Always pour at the center of the melted butter. Adjust heat. Usually the first batch will require higher heat than the subsequent batches. Flip it in about 2 to 4 minutes as long as you see the sides begin to form and bubbles appear in the center of pancake.
What is a pancake without some sugary sauce right? Instead of using the typical syrup and butter, I used CREAM CHEESE GLAZE just like in Red Velvet Cupcakes!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tbsp milk
I have to cut the sides of the pancake 'coz i hate it. So here's the finished product!