My mom asked me to bake a cake for our birthday dog, Kobie. I wanted to make a chocolate cake but then chocolates are considered poison for dogs and i wanted Kobie to have a bite of his birthday cake. So i decided to make a MANGO CAKE. It's all fine, i doubled check everything to see every ingredient is good for the dog, and humans to eat. hehe.
I wasn't able to take pictures since I'm in a hurry and Kobie seems hungry already. teehee.
DENSE MANGO CAKE
> 3/4 cup melted butter
> 1 cup refined sugar
> 3 eggs
> 1 cup mango puree
> 1 cup sour cream
> 1 cup chopped dried mangoes
> 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
> 1 tbsp baking powder
> 1/2 tsp salt
Note: In the absence of sour cream, a cup of (250 ml) of all-purpose or heavy cream combined with 1 tbsp of white vinegar or calamansi juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 oF. Grease the sides and bottom of a 9-inch baking pan with butter or vegetable oil shortening.
2. In a bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, eggs, mango puree, sour cream, and chopped dried mangoes, and beat until smooth and blended.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Then add to the butter mixture, stirring until there are no more traces of flour.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top exterior of the cake is firm and dry when touched.
5. Cool on a cooling/wire rack before removing from the pan.
Here's how the cake looks like after i decorated it. :P